If you've got questions, we've got the answers! We hope the following helps to answer any questions that you may have, but if not - please contact us directly and we'll be happy to help email@example.com
- How do I view my reservation?
- Use this link to view, modify, or cancel your reservation.
- What is check in/check out time?
- Check in time is 3:00pm local hotel time. Check-out time is 12:00pm local hotel time.
- Do you allow smoking on property? In the rooms?
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our guest rooms. As of November 16, 2010 the hotel is an all non-smoking hotel.
- How much do you charge for high speed/wifi internet access?
- Whether you're plugged in or not, Kimpton Karma Rewards members get complimentary high-speed access on all devices during every stay. Wireless internet is also available for $12.99 per 24 hours for non-Kimpton Karma members.
- Do you have high-speed wired and/or wireless internet access available?
- Only wireless internet access is available throughout the hotel and guestrooms.
- Do you have a fitness center? What kind of equipment does it have?
- Yes. The Grand Hotel features Minneapolis' most-impressive fitness club, called Life Time Athletic Club. The facility is over 58,000 square feet and is one of the city's largest. Life Time Athletic Club is accessible through the hotel lobby or main entrance (and is located one floor below the hotel lobby, rising 3 stories tall). The fitness center is a public fitness club and is also available for guest use (and is complimentary with your stay). Among the many features of our fitness center include:
- Cardio equipment, free weights, resistance training machines (appx 30 machines of each) with personal television and audio devices.
- A basketball court
- A racquetball court
- An indoor volleyball and squash court
- An indoor 6-lane lap pool
- Sauna, lockers, personal trainingï¿½and more!
- Do you offer bikes for use during my stay?
- Yes we do. Get out and explore Minneapolis on one of our complimentary hotel bicycles, available for check out through our front desk or guest services staff. We can also recommend some popular bicycle routes as well.
- Do you have an in room yoga program?
- We believe in balance – especially while you're traveling. We have a complete yoga mat set in every closet, in every room, just waiting for you. Check out our yoga channel as well to stay in touch with your routine. The best part? It's complimentary for use during your stay.
- What are the fitness center hours?
- The fitness center is not open 24 hours. The current hours of operation (year-round) are:
5:00am - 10:00pm Monday thru Thursday (pool closes at 9:00pm)
5:00am - 8:00pm Fridays (pool closes at 7:00pm)
7:00am - 6:00pm Saturday & Sunday (pool closes at 5:00pm)
*Please note certain classes (spinning, yoga, etc.) are offered during specific hours - check with the hotel front desk or a Life Time Athletic Club representative for more details.
- Do you offer room service? What are the hours?
- Yes. 24 hours, with a limited menu after midnight.
- Do you have a business center?
- Yes. The business center is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. The business center is located at the lobby level, adjacent to our front desk.
Services offered within the business center include:
- 2 computers which are PC and Mac compatible ($6.95 per 15 minutes of use)
- Internet access (surcharge applies)
- Printing, copying and document services
- Do you have a pool? What are the hours?
- Yes! The six-lane lap pool is located in our fitness center, Life Time Athletic Club on the lower lobby level. The pool is open for guests:
Sunday: 7 am - 5:30 pm
Monday - Thursday: 5 am - 9:30 pm
Friday: 5 am - 7:30 pm
Saturday: 7 am - 5:30 pm
- Do you have a spa? What are the hours?
- Yes. The hotel offers the acclaimed 'LifeSpa', which is an AVEDA spa located at the lobby level. There are a variety of services offered at LifeSpa including:
- Facial & massage (including Swedish and deep tissue)
- Eye lift, lip treatments
- Waxing services
- Salon services (including hair, manicure, pedicure)
10:00am - 4:00pm Sunday
12:00pm - 7:00pm Monday
9:00am - 9:00pm Tuesday thru Thursday
9:00am - 7:00pm Friday
9:00am - 6:00pm Saturday
- How do I get to the hotel?
- Access to the hotel is convenient whether you are personally driving, taking a taxi from the airport or using light rail. Visit our Location page for more detailed information or assistance (and a fun interactive map of downtown Minneapolis!)
- Do you offer free shuttle service from the airport?
- No, unfortunately the hotel does not have a shuttle service. Fare-based town car transportation can be arranged through our concierge by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are your cross streets?
- The hotel is located at 615 Second Avenue, between South 6th Street and 7th Street South. 2nd Avenue South is a two-way street, however the hotel's valet parking (pick up and drop off) is located on the opposing side of Second Avenue, near the Crowne Plaza entry).
- Do you have onsite parking? How much is parking? Is it included in my room rate?
- The hotel offers onsite valet parking only for an overnight fee of $35.00 USD + tax. Parking is not included in the hotel room rate
- How do I view my reservation?
- Use this link to view, modify, or cancel your reservation.
- Will your rooms allow rollaways/cribs/playards? Is there a charge?
- Yes, most rooms at The Grand Hotel will accommodate a rollaway or playard (with the exception of Queen Deluxe and Double Double Deluxe Rooms, which cannot accommodate a rollaway bed). The Grand Hotel does not have cribs, but does offer playards complimentary. Rollaway beds are $15 per day.
- I booked on a website other than the hotel website and I need to make a change to my reservation. How do I do this?
- Please contact the website that your reservation originated with to make changes to your itinerary. These changes will then be reflected in our system.
- What is the minimum age requirement to check in to the room?
- Guests must be at least age 18 to register at the hotel.
- What is your cancellation/deposit policy?
- The hotel's standard cancellation policy is 24 hours. (Please note: some reservation bookings may have different cancellation penalties. Review your confirmation or itinerary for more details.) Reservations must be cancelled by 6:00pm local hotel time.
- Is my ID/passport required at check in?
- We do require a photo ID at time of check in for all reservations.
- What age do kids stay for free?
- Children 17 and under stay free with an adult in existing bedding. Children age 18 and over will be charged an additional adult fee of $20.00 per night.
- Do you have connecting rooms?
- Yes. Some of our Double Double Deluxe Rooms connect with Grand Suites. Also some of our Atrium King Premier Rooms connect with other Atrium King Premier Rooms. The following room types do not connect with other room types:
- Queen Deluxe
- Premier King Room
- Presidential Suite
- King Deluxe
- Luxury Suite
- Do you have accessible rooms?
- Yes, we have accessible rooms. Some of these rooms include modified bath tubs with bars and added facility, and some include a roll-in shower. For more information on the accessible features of our hotel, click here. To find out more about our accessible rooms, click here.
- Do you have "tall" rooms?
- Yes! We are one of only a few hotels in Minneapolis that offer "tall" rooms with extra long king bedding/mattresses. These room types are one of our King Deluxe Rooms, some of our King Premier Rooms, and some of our Grand Suites. Please note this special request on your reservation prior to arrival.
- Do you have an early departure fee?
- Yes. The hotel does charge an early departure fee of up to one night's room and tax for departing the hotel early.
- What are the hours of the restaurant/bar/lounge?
- Rare Steak & Sushi serves breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. Rare is open from:
Lounge Hours (Late Night Menu)
Friday & Saturday 11:00pm-1:00am
Monday-Friday 3:00pm-6:00pmAdditionally, Rare offers an all-you-can-eat sushi bar:
Sundays & Tuesdays from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
For guests interested in small bits, appetizer fare, or a lounge atmosphere, The SIX15 Room offers the perfect place to unwind and enjoy a cool cocktail or fresh fare. The SIX15 Room is located at lobby level and is available Monday - Saturday from 3:00pm - 1:00am OR on Sunday from 3:00pm - midnight.
- I have questions about my bill. Who do I call?
- Please contact our accounting department at:
- What forms of payment are accepted to pay for my room?
- At check-in, we require authorization on a credit or debit card for each night's room and tax plus $75 for incidentals per night. Once the credit or debit card is authorized at check-out, the hotel releases any remaining authorization, however if you are using a debit card, some banks will hold the authorization for up to seven business days. We will accept cash for payment at check-out, but we DO NOT accept cash deposits.
- Are pets allowed? Are there restrictions for weight, height or types?
- Yes, pets are accepted. There are no weight, height, or type restrictions. Upon arrival you will be asked to sign a release form. If your pet will remain in the guest room while you are away, we ask that you provide us with a cell phone number so that we may contact you. You may also inquire with our concierge about dog sitting services that may be available to you at email@example.com
- Do you have pet free rooms for those with allergies?
- The hotel does have allergen-free rooms; please note this request during the reservation process or contact us for more specific details.
- Do you have pet sitting or dog walking services?
- Yes, inquire with our concierge about dog sitting or walking services for hire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I want flowers, chocolates, champagne, gifts sent to the room. How do I do this?
- Please contact our concierge, who can discuss options with you at email@example.com
- What is the charge for reception space?
- There is a food and beverage minimum for the ballroom. If your food and beverage purchases meet or exceed the minimum, the rental fee for the ballroom is complimentary. Should you not spend the minimum, the difference would be a room rental charge. The ballroom minimum ranges in price depending on your date. Cash bar sales do not apply toward the minimum.
- What is the capacity of the ballroom?
- The Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 250 people for a sit-down dinner, and 300 for standing cocktail receptions. We can accommodate ceremonies of up to 180 guests. The ceremony fee is $500.
- What is your deposit requirement?
- 25% of the food & beverage minimum is due along with the signed agreement and is applied towards your event. The agreement is due back within two weeks from date of receipt. The deposit is non-refundable.
- What are the taxes and gratuity?
- 10.775% food, 13.275% alcohol, 22% gratuity and 7.775% tax on gratuity.
- What are the parking options?
- The Grand Hotel currently only offers valet parking for hotel guests. However, we have a relationship with two nearby self-parking garage establishments that offer adjacent, secure parking options (and that are connected to The Grand Hotel via the skyway). Our current parking options are:
Valet parking is available at the corner of 7th Street and 2nd Avenue. The fee is $30 + tax per night (subject to change).
Self parking is available through our partner garages and prices vary between $18 - 22 + tax per night (subject to change). Access to this parking is available at:
- 225 South 6th Street/Bremer Bank Building (enter off 7th Street)
- Crowne Plaza Hotel/Northstar (enter off 6th Street, 7th Street or 2nd Avenue)
- Can I bring in my own wedding cake?
- Yes, we are happy to cut and serve your cake at no additional charge with our wedding packages. If you are not doing a wedding package the cutting fee is $2 per serving.
- Can I bring in my own food or alcohol?
- No, all food and beverage must be provided by The Grand Hotel (with the exception of wedding cakes and some favors). Leftovers (with the exception of wedding cake tops and favors) may not be taken off property.
- Do you do a taste testing?
- Yes, we meet with you one-on-one to sample the cuisine and plan the details of your event. You may select up to two salads, four hors d'oeuvre and four entrï¿½e selections. Some items may not be available. For any other items you would like to sample there will be an additional charge. Tasting meetings are conducted Monday - Friday between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm and can be scheduled anytime after the signed agreement is returned.
- Is there a coat room available?
- Yes, we can either have the coat room open and not staffed (no charge), or we can provide a coat check attendant at $1 per guest (based on your total guest count).
- How large is the dance floor?
- Typically the dance floor is set at 21' x 15' however for an additional charge more square footage can be added.
- Do you provide table linens, china, silver and glassware?
- Yes, we provide elegant floor-length table linens, quality china, silver and glassware at no additional charge. We also provide table mirrors, votive candles and plush chairs that do not require a chair cover.
- Who will oversee my event?
- Our Food and Beverage Director and/or Banquet Captain will be here the night of the event to oversee and serve as a contact. Your group will be in very capable hands with all of our experienced banquet staff.
- When can we set up?
- Your catering manager will contact all of your vendors the week of the wedding to arrange for delivery times and loading dock access. If the ballroom is available, deliveries can be made up to 24 hours prior to start time. At a minimum, deliveries should be made at least two hours prior to start time. You may bring in wedding items such as escort cards, guest book, favors, toasting flutes, etc. any time the week of the event and the hotel will store and take care of placing those items out for you at no additional charge (as long as there is no assembly required).